Day pass a day and year pass a year,
finally I come to this junction,
where should I go,
turn left or turn right...or just stop at this point of time?
How am I going to proceed?
I wish I have the answer ...
I find myself in a dry land, deserted from my previous me,
what should I do? what should you do?
I wish I can go back...
how about you?
Sunday was my birthday, I baked a simple chocolate sponge cake with cream cheese frosting for myself. It is very meaningful to me because it is my first attempt in getting a tall sponge cake. My son loves this cake, WT think it is yummy too :) The cream cheese frosting is delicious and not too buttery. If talking about the cake decoration, well, as you can see, I need more practise.
To all fellow bloggers and readers, I just created a page on Facebook to record down my cooking and baking journey. Hope you don't mind to click on the Facebook "like" button on the right side column or here to support my attempt, thank you!
Ingredients for chocolate sponge cake:
100g fine sugar
2 tbsp milk
55g plain flour
15g unsweetened chocolate powder
20g unsalted butter
1. Whisk egg with sugar.
2. Place the mixing bowl in a double boiler, whisk the egg mixture until light and fluffy.
3. The egg mixture temperature should be between 38~40C.
4. Remove from heat and beat the egg mixture in high speed until ribbon stage.
5. Add milk and flour mixture in 3 batches. Stir the mixture in one direction to mix the mixture well.
6. Add melted butter and mix well. Pour in baking mould, knock out bubbles.
7. Bake at 170C for 30 mins.
Ingredients for cream cheese frosting:
200g cream cheese
50g icing sugar
Whisk the cream cheese until smooth, add butter and icng sugar and mix well.