This will be the last bake for the coming Chinese New Year, my previous baked on Dahlia Butter Cookies was with rose essence flavour, I like it but my hubby said he doesn't like the rose aroma. Today, even I still not completely feeling well, I make an effort to bake this Dahlia Butter Cookies (Kuih Semperit) again with strawberry flavour. My boy loves this melt-in-mouth cookies with his flavorite strawberry aroma! Another beautiful Chinese New Year cookies that love by my family.
May the Blessing of God be showered on you and your family, wishing you a Happy and Prosperous Chinese New Year!
50g icing sugar
1 tsp strawberry essence
1 egg yolk
110g plain flour
100g corn flour
20g potato flour
a few drops of pink food colouring paste
1. Preheat oven to 140C. (oven temperature may vary depends on the capacity of your oven)
2. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Cream butter with hand whisk to light, gradually add the icing sugar, whisk until it is light and pale (Make sure to cream the mixture until smooth, this will result in melt-in-mouth cookies texture). Add egg yolk and strawberry essence. Mix well.
4. Sieve all flour together, add into the butter-egg mixture, stir with spatula until combine.
Knead the dough with hand until smooth.
5. Take 1/3 of the dough, mix with a few drops of pink food colouring. Knead the dough well.
6. Put some plain dough and some pink dough in the big nozzle (I used Wilton 847 big nozzle without pipping bag), push it out using your thumb, press out the dough on the prepared baking tray.
7. Bake at 140C for 20~25 mins until the cookies is slightly brown (Watch your oven, not to burn the cookies). Take out the baking tray and cool the cookies on wire rack completely before keep in airtight container.