This is my final bake for Chinese New Year...enclosed version of pineapple tarts, yes, I need to clear the pineapple paste from my previous baking. I didn't use the previous recipe but try something new, I want the pastry which is not too soft and easy to handle, I don't like something which is too creamy or cheesy...so I chose J3ss Kitch3n Super Melty Pineapple Rolls.
Recipe adapted from J3ss Kitch3n original recipe from QBB
Ready made pineapple paste, rolled in balls
50g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt (omitted)
350g top flour
50g corn flour
1 egg yolk - for glazing
1/4 tsp salt - for glazing (omitted)
1 tsp water - for glazing
1. Using a hand whisk, cream QBB and sugar until light. Whisk in egg yolks 1 at a time until well combined. Add essence and salt and whisk until fluffy.
2. Sift top flour and corn flour together and fold into the QBB mixture to form a soft dough.
3. Divide dough using a tsp and roll into balls.
4. Flatten a piece of dough and place a piece of the roll pineapple paste in the middle. Bring the edges of the dough together and press lightly to seal. Roll it in between your palms to shape it into a roll.
5. Place rolls on baking tray lined with parchment paper or paper casing.
6. In a small bowl, mix the egg yolk, salt and water together for the glaze.
7. Brush the glaze on the pineapple rolls with a brush.
8. Bake in preheated over of 180C and bake for 20-25 mins or until the rolls are pale golden brown.
9. Cool on wired rack before storing in airtight container.
Melt-in-mouth pineapple tart!
Wishing you a Happy Chinese New Year!