A backlog post.
Pandan Swiss Roll always has its place in my heart. The soft fragrance sponge and the sweet thickening cream melts like ice cream in the mouth! Simply delicious!
Yield: 13~14 slices
Using 30cm x 40cm baking tray yield a super long Swiss roll
Rectangle baking tray 30 cm x 40 cm
4 egg yolks
20 g sugar
80 g cake flour
40 ml coconut milk
20 ml pandan juice
40 ml avocado oil
1 tsp pandan paste
4 egg whites
60 g sugar
a pinch of salt
400 ml thickening cream / whipping cream
20 g icing sugar
Prepare the baking tray: lay baking tray with parchment paper.
1. In a mixing bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar. Beat it with hand whisk until pale and creamy. Add coconut milk, pandan paste and pandan juice, stir until combine. Add the sieved cake flour in batches and avocado oil, mix well.
2. In a clean mixing bowl, using electric mixer, add salt and beat the egg whites until foamy, turn the kitchen aid mixer to high speed, add the sugar in three batches, beat until soft peak stage.
3. Take 1/3 of the meringue, mix with egg yolk batter, mix well. Then fold in the remaining meringue to egg yolk batter.
4. Pour the cake batter on to the lined baking tray, smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Tap the baking tray on the worktop to release any trap bubbles. Bake at preheat oven at 180C on the middle rack for 15 mins.
5. When the cake is done. Take it out from the oven and flip the cake on a cooling rack, peel away the parchment paper from the cake. Flip the cake back to the top side up. Set aside to cool.
6. Using an electric mixer, whip the thickening cream or whipping cream with icing sugar until the cream double in volume.
7. Spread the cream on the cold cake. Roll the cake up Swiss Roll style. Keep it in the freezer for at least 3 hours or until the filling is harden before cutting.