Congratulations to "neyeeloh"! You are the winner of my 5th blog anniversary giveaway, just send me your mailing address at my email and you should recieve the "Baking with tiny tots" book in a week time. Congratulations! Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the giveaway and hope you are having a wonderful week!
Banana Cream Pie, a wonderful dessert from Joy of Baking which I would like to share with you. Well, since this week I'm really busy (no domestic helper...sigh), I used the ready made pastry sheet, this really save me some times in preparing the yummy pie. Of course, I baked the crust a day before, during night time when Gabriel was asleep and assemble the banana cream pie the next day. However, if I'm going to bake this pie again, I'll definately make my own pastry crust!
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers#10 Easy As Pie (August 2011) hosted by Janine from Not the Kitchen Sink!
Recipe adapted from Joy Of Baking
Ingredients for pastry cream:
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 egg yolks
50g sugar (used 30g)
20g top flour
1 tbsp rum
3 bananas, sliced
Ingredients for whipped cream:
240ml heavy whipping cream (used 200ml light whipping cream to cut down the calories)
20g icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1. Mix sugar and egg yolks in bowl. Whisk flour and cornstarch together, add to egg mixture, whisk until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan bring milk and vanilla to boiling. Remove and slowly add egg mixture. Whisking constantly to prevent curdling.
3. Pour egg mixture into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until boiling, whisking constantly until it turns thick, remove from heat, add rum and cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent crust from forming. Cool to room temperature before using.
4. For whipped cream, place the mixing bowl 15 mins in the freezer before using. Beat whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
1. Spread pastry cream on the crust, top with sliced bananas, spread the whipped cream over bananas. Dust with cocoa powder or chopped buttercrunch toffee. For my case, I decorate the pie with some more bananas and dark chocolate syrup!
I love this Banana pie,creamy and delicious.ReplyDelete
Congratulations to the lucky winner!
Your banana pie looks delicious! Congratulations to the neyeeloh!ReplyDelete
This looks delicious! If only I could convince my boys to eat bananas sigh! Congrats to the winner of the wonderful gift:)ReplyDelete
This banana cream pie looks very creamy and rich.ReplyDelete
Yummy banana pie! Congratulate to the winner!ReplyDelete
Congratulate to the winner!! Banana and chocalete are always a perfect match;p.ReplyDelete
I'm not sure my first comment made it through. I just wanted you to know that I think the pie looks delicious. I hope you have a great day.Blessings...MaryReplyDelete
I like the idea of eating this pie with chocolate sauce. Yum!ReplyDelete
I made a banana cream pie too and it was delicious. Going to try yours one day. Congrats Neyeeloh! EdithReplyDelete