03 December 2010

Wholemeal Chocolate Pizza


When I saw 靓师奶's  pizza, I was drooling and thought I should try baking one myself... I went and bought a pizza tray then I saw Min's pizza ... hey it was too delicious to resist. I spring into action today... together with my son who refused to take his afternoon nap.   



I used shredded Mozzarella and Red Cheddar Cheese.



Gabriel was very helpful. He helped kneading the dough, applied (mess-up) the tomato paste, arranged the topping and garnished the pizza with cheeses.


Recipe modified from Konemann: Delicious quiches & flans
ingredients:
300 oz self raising flour
200 oz wholemeal flour
1 tsp sugar
30g butter, chopped
250 ml chocolate milk
1/2 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 210C.
2. Place flour, sugar and butter in bowl. Use hand to mix until mixture is fine and crumbly. Make a well in centre of dough, add milk.
3. Use a knife and a cutting action, mix to a soft sticky dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead gently. (I didn't knead gently because my son was the one tossing and pressing the dough...)
4. Oil the pastry try. Roll pastry between two sheets of plastic wrap, large enough to cover the pastry tray. Ease pastry into tray.

Topping:
1/4 can tomato paste
1/2 onion
1 tomato
1/2 green capsicum
3 sliced mushrooms
mixed vegetables
2 sliced sausages
1 pack (150g) Mozzarella and Red Cheddar Cheese

1. Spread tomato paste over base of dough. Top with remaining ingredients.
2. Bake for 25 mins.

Happy Baking!


Milky white Mozzarella and Red Cheddar Cheeses


Nice ... cheese.

Here you are the wholemeal pastry with chocolate milk added. The taste is different from the usual pizza pastry.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Great pizza! I just love lots of vegies on mine. Yours is the healthiest yet! Gabriel is the cutest welcomer to your blog! Thanks for helping make this delectable creation! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur: Thanks! Haha...Gabriel is at the age of wanting to do "all the things". Chocolate milk is his favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate milk in the pizza dough is really a new thing to me, so special. I like pizza with a lot of greens, looks very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Min: Thank You! This baking is to attract Gabriel into eating pizza. But he doesn't like the wholemeal texture :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!