09 December 2010

Almond Crisps


I'm counting down...not just because of this festive season, is more that I'm meeting up with my family members soon, the one I love and the one always love me as me. We are planning for a big outing to celebrate my mother birthday and also a farewell to close family members who are migrating to Australia. Anticipate this first outing that we'll be going as a family, hopefully there are more to come. I was thinking what to bring as a gift. We will be going North and stop over at Kuala Lumpur for a day or two, something light and portables is more suitable. I remember I've promised the girls to bake them cookies and my mother like almond; this round I'll bake a hearty almond crisps as christmas gift, hopefully it will please everybody. 



I toasted the flaked almond in oven for 10 mins. before I sprinkle it on the cookies. The cookies is crispy. My son asked for one more, one more and many more. 

Recipe from The Australian Women's Weekly: Cupcakes & Cookies
Ingredients:
125g butter, chopped
55g caster sugar
150g self-raising flour
30g almond meal (ground almond)
2 tbsp flaked almonds

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Beat butter and sugar in mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in flour and almond meal.
3. Roll mixture into small balls, place on tray with 5cm apart. Flatten slightly with floured fork; sprinkle with flaked almonds.
4. Bake crisps about 10 mins. Stand on tray 5 mins before transfer to wire racks to cool. 



Pack a box of hearty homemade bite-sized almond crisps and bring over for friends or family members in this festive season will warm the cockles of their heart. 




I'm sending this post to Aspiring Bakers#2: Christmas!  (Dec 2010) hosted by Passionate About Baking. Wishing you a Blessed Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice almond crisps! Is there anymore to share? ;DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ah tze,i'm sure these will be great for your christmas giveaways as these were baked with all your heart. Can also make this for CNY and yeah, will link your blog to mine, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann: Thanks! yes, I've keep some for you! ^_^ There is always a good reason for baking second batch...hehehe

    Lena: Nice to see you again! yes, this almond crisps is suitable for CNY too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very delicious. I can imagine your son happily munching all these cookies :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe: yes, he ate a lot and I think I need to bake again ^_*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bake, I love this kind of crispy cookies, not so heavy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!