My last bake on bread was on Marble Chocolate Wheel Bread it was nearly 9 months ago! As bread making needs long proofing time that's make me keep delaying making one. Today I tried to make one when Gabriel is at school, hopefully I can brush up my bread making skills.
The taste of this bread is really delicious, adding of whipping cream in the bread does produces soft bread texture, Gabriel gobble up two pieces after he came back from school! I'm using the recipe from Joceline, a bread recipe which lot of bloggers are using.
Recipe from Joceline of Butter. Flour and Me
300g high protein flour (used 350g)
50g yellow sugar
200g whipping cream
5g instant dried yeast
grated parmesan cheese/sugar
1. Mix all the ingredients together, knead until smooth. Proof for an hour.
2. Paunch out the air, divide the dough into 9 pieces, let the bread dough rest for 10 mins.
3. Flatten the dough ball with rolling pin, roll the dough up swiss roll style. Flatten again and roll up for another two times.
4. Seam side down, place the dough balls in the lines baking tray.
5. Cover the dough and let it proof for another 45 mins.
6. Sprinkle some grated parmesan. Place in the pre-heated oven at 170C bake for 20 mins.
7. Sprinkle with some sugar once the bread is out from oven.