I seldom bake cake as cake is not the food that I can put on my breakfast table. However, I bake this green tea cheesecake again because this heavy cream cheese cheesecake will be a good dessert for guests. I double the quantities to make a tall cheesecake, and I think I did a good job on mixing the green tea powder to the cream cheese mixture this round. The mild green on the cheesecake is very lovely!
Now, why Milo powder and not cocoa powder? Just because I don't have sweetened cocoa powder and the combination of Milo and mild green tea taste great!
Yield: 8 inch round baking pan, for 8 serving
Recipe adapted from 幸福甜点81道， 星期天的烘焙时光 with changes
15 pieces of biscuits
30g unsalted butter, melted
Green Tea filling:
600g cream cheese
70g sour cream
70g thickened cream
160g butter, soften
30g corn flour
12g green tea powder
10g gelatine powder, add to 1.5 tbsp of hot water, whisk well until dissolved
1. Place biscuit in a plastic bag and crash it into small crumbles, stir in the melted butter. (If you prefer the crumbles to be smoother, blend it in the blender)
2. Place the baking paper in the cake pan and add in the biscuit crumbles. Press down the biscuit to the cake pan. Bake the biscuit in oven at 150C for 10 mins. Set aside to cool.
3. Double boil the cream cheese and sugar in a big bowl, stir the sugar until dissolved and mix well with cream cheese. Take the bowl away from the heat, add the egg, one at a time. Mix well.
4. Use a portion of thickened cream (30g) to mix with green tea powder. Mix well. Gradually add in the thickened cream, sour cream, butter and corn flour. Add in green tea mixture. Stir well. Add in gelatine mixture, mix well.
5. Sieve the batter and pour in the sieved batter to the cake pan.
6. Prepare the water bath, place the cake pan in the water bath. Bake at 120C for 1 hour and 15 mins. Check if the cake is baked properly, the middle of the cake should be wobbly a bit but the surface should be dried to touch.
7. When the cake is done, take out from the oven and let it cool down and set before put in the fridge. Dislodge the cake only when the cake is harden.