Today is Monday, I baked this quick cupcake for Gabriel. It looks like a sun; bright and cheerful. The orange frangrance, wake up everyone in the morning!
Gabriel doesn't like the almond pieces on his cake, this time I do away with the almonds topping.
Recipe adapted from 茄子
Made 12 nos.
1 egg yolk
85g caster sugar
95g top flour (used 180 g)
25g almond powder (used 50g)
1 tsp baking powder (omitted)
20g orange juice (used 1 orange juice)
half orange skin, chopped in small pieces
100g melted butter (used 150g)
Decorative almonds (omitted)
1. Eggs, egg yolk and sugar, whisk until thicken. (Don't over whisk as the cake might collapse)
2. Add in gently sifted flour.
3. Add orange juice, orange pieces and melted butter, mix well.
4. Pour in baking mould or baking cases.
5. Bake at 180C for 20 mins.
What a lovely day to start with this refreshing taste of orange almond cake!
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011) hosted by Jess of Bakericious