14 March 2011

Orange Almond Cake


Today is Monday, I baked this quick cupcake for Gabriel. It looks like a sun; bright and cheerful. The orange frangrance, wake up everyone in the morning!



Gabriel doesn't like the almond pieces on his cake, this time I do away with the almonds topping.


Recipe adapted from  茄子     
Made 12 nos.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
85g caster sugar
95g top flour (used 180 g)
25g almond powder (used 50g)
1 tsp baking powder (omitted)
20g orange juice (used 1 orange juice)
half orange skin, chopped in small pieces
100g melted butter (used 150g)
Decorative almonds (omitted)

Steps:
1. Eggs, egg yolk and sugar, whisk until thicken. (Don't over whisk as the cake might collapse)
2. Add in gently sifted flour.
3. Add orange juice, orange pieces and melted butter, mix well.
4. Pour in baking mould or baking cases.
5. Bake at 180C for 20 mins.


What a lovely day to start with this refreshing taste of orange almond cake!

I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011) hosted by Jess of Bakericious

22 comments:

  1. These cakes look moist and delicious..as I am sure they were..Blessings, Catherine xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh that divine texture of the orange almond cake! very beautifully baked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really moist and delicious. It is a lovely cake to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 放在纸杯里也很可爱。看到那绵密的组织真叫人心动想再做一次:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks moist and fine crumbed, I'm sure they are really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw this cake from 茄子 and now you are temping me again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tze, almond and orange is a good combination, I want to make this also, looks moist and soft, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. moist and soft and that orange taste is refreshing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must taste very good with orange and almond as part of the ingredients:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again dear! Thank you for adding my link, I too have done the same!
    Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are fast, I thought I just saw this at 茄子 not too long ago... :) Sunshine cake... So pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! It is such a great encouragement for me to bake more cakes in future! Thanks 茄子 for sharing her beautiful recipe!

    Catherine, thanks for linking to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 我很少吃这种有橙汁口味的蛋糕,很想试,但是就是不会特别爱,但是小孩子们该喜欢,可不能那么自私,自己不爱不代表别人不吃嘛。。。所以找天我会做了给我孩子们吃,感谢分享哦

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joelyn哟,做妈妈的犠牲包括口感啦 :)做的都是小孩喜欢的。。。

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cakes look just delicious. I'd love to have one with my coffee. You have such a lovely blog. I love to visit here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Es realmente delicioso el cake de naranja,se ve esponjoso y húmedo,lindas fotos,abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary, thanks for your sweet comment! Have a great day too!


    Rosita, welcome and thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Ah Tze, our name is juz diff with a "e" & "z", hahaha...Nice to see ur blog! Great blog for me to start learning my baking lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah Tee, welcome and thanks for dropping by! yes, just a diff with "z" & "e" ^_^ Glad to have you joining me in the baking journey!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!