Today is a happy day because my new domestic helper coming in. Well I'm turning from a slave to a Queen again, just wonder how long this can be.
This round adding purple sweet potato in the bread to make my favourite cinnamon walnut bread/roll. My previous cinnamon walnut bread was using gelatinized dough method. I'm using straight dough method for this creation, the bread texture turned out soft and fluffy because of the purple sweet potato added.
My kitchen was filled with cinnamon's fragrance, the bread tastes so sweet with the combination of brown sugar and walnut. While I sit back and enjoy my labour, this bread complete a beautiful afternoon tea.
Good control of the water is crucial for this bread, the mashed purple sweet potato contains lots of water, the additional water has to be gradually added to get the right bread dough.
Recipe adapted from Carol with changesIngredients:
150g purple sweet potato (peeled, boiled and mashed)
270g bread flour
30g plain flour
1/2 tsp dry instant yeast
20g maple syrup
1/2 tsp salt
30g olive oil
130ml milk (used 50ml)
1tbsp cinnamon sugar
2-3 tbsp brown sugar
80g walnut (toast at 150C for 7~8 mins and chopped)
1. Add all A ingredients in a big bowl (except oil and milk), mix the mixture with hand, gradually add in milk, stop when the mixture turns too sticky, knead to form a rough dough. Add oil and knead to form elastic dough.
2. Spray water on dough, cover and let it proof for 60 mins.
3. Punch down the dough, roll into a ball, cover and let it rest for 15 mins.
4. Flatten the purple sweet potatoes dough into a rectangle shape, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, brown sugar, and chopped walnut. Roll up swiss roll style, cut into 4cm pieces (about 8 pieces for mine) arrange the dough in baking tray with cut side up.
5. Spray some water, cover and let it rest for 50 mins.
6. Egg wash and sprinkle some chopped walnut on top of the bread.
7. Bake at 180C for 20 mins.
I'm submitting this post to the World Bread Day.
Yummy! I love to see this in the morning. Just in time for breakfast!ReplyDelete
Wah! Lots of my favourite ingredients, I love cinnamon and walnut, they make a good combination! I want this for breakfast :)ReplyDelete
like Min my favorite ingredients are walnuts and cinnamons too! and the lovely pink color is so enticing!ReplyDelete
Wow, your bread looks so fluffy! I Love the purple color of this bread!ReplyDelete
this sounds like a really delicious bread!!ReplyDelete