13 April 2011

Cinnamon Walnut Bread: Hokkaido Milky Loaf's Recipe (Gelatinized Dough Method)


I was getting lazier to write the post, baked lot of breads and cakes but kept all in my hard drive. Emotionally is very down, all the thing changes because of one person, the motivation and the self value...where are they? How come someone can be so selfish to distroy the harmony that I'm trying to build... If this is his intention, then I should be strong to fight the devil in him. There is no love in jelousy, dear. You shouldn't jelous on what I'm doing and enjoy. You should be proud of me and share the joy. Please, open your heart and ask God to strengthen us. 
 
This is not the right timing to introduce this beautiful bread but I sincerely wanted to give thanks to Angie from Angie's Recipes and Vivian from Vivian Pang Kitchen for sharing this beautiful Hokkaido Milky Loaf's recipe, I turned them into cinnamon walnut bread.

This was a very sticky dough because of the whipping cream used. I added some olive oil to make it more workable. Eventually was able to knead it into a elastic film dough.

Recipe adapted from Angie's Recipes and Vivian Pang Kitchen
Ingredients:
50g whipping cream
1 egg
pinch of salt
55g sugar
30g milk powder
300g bread flour
50g rye flour
7g dry instant yeast
30ml milk
30g unsalted butter
20ml olive oil 



Ingredients for filling: brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon


Bake at 180C for 40 mins.



22 comments:

  1. WOW!! so creative of you (: it look so lovely and yummy! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I wish this can be for my breakfast tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not see why one should be jealous of another's hobby...that is so silly! This bread looks so soft and fluffy...I must try this gelatinized method one day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Tze, don't let that person get to you, just keep on doing what you enjoy. Stay strong! :)
    The cinnamon bread are amazing! So soft and fluffy looking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful texture Ah Tze! Don't let that person get to you it isn't worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Tze, your bread looks very soft and delicious. Got to try using cream in my bread mix seeing all these fantastic result from these breads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soft and fluffy bread. What a great combination of cinammon buns you have! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't let other person to control your mood, stay happy and do what you like..In fact, this bread look really soft, must be very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice fluffy bread. Never tried with whipping cream before. Be yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 用来做早餐就非常棒咯。。。。还没试过肉桂口味面包。。很特别哦。。

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bread looks wonderful, it must have smelt really heavenly! I hope everything works out fine for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice looking buns, tze! i would like to believe that one shldnt stop something that he or she enjoy doing. Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice and soft bread... keep it up tze, continue to do things that could make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish I had one for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummmY! I've head a lot about hokkaido milk~ mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and encouragement! I'm feeling better! Will continue to do what is best for me and my son, a big hug to all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have an award for you. Please check it out.

    http://angelcookbakelove.blogspot.com/2011/04/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hang on there. God makes women like a tough cookie, hope you are feeling better now.

    This recipe is one of the few successful I had when I first started to bake bread.

    ReplyDelete
  19. >>Angel, thanks for the lovely award, I really appreciate it, will treasure it on my recognition page, thanks!

    >>Edith, thanks for the encouragement! Glad that you tried this recipe with successful experience as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, I'm drooling here! You've tempted me to make so cinnabun. Yummm...
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!