03 March 2014

Stir Fried Lemongrass Tom Yam Chicken


Recently saw Yong Swee Ha posted her Tom Yam Butter Chicken on Facebook, she stir fried her chicken until golden brown before stir fried with the tom yam butter paste. I missed this type of food so much that I decided to try it out at home, but I am afraid my dish will be too oily with butter so I modified a bit on the recipe. I stir fried my Lemongrass Tom Yam chicken and go without butter. The end result is indeed comforting!! 

Today beside the recipe, I want to share with you two types of tom yam paste. Usually I will prefer the big bottle instant tom yam paste which stand on the right of the photo. Unfortunately, we can't get it in Qatar, I shipped it from Melbourne, it came together with my shipment :) This brand taste more salty and sour then the Exotic brand. The Exotic brand is easy to get at Carrefour in Qatar, the taste is a bit different from the big bottle brand. There is a lot more lemongrass and Kaffir lemon leaves taste in the Exotic brand, for this cooking I used Exotic brand. 








Ingredients:
14 chicken drumlets
2 sticks of lemongrass
2 chili
a handful of kaffir lemon leaves (about 15 pieces)
2 tbsp tom yam paste
3 tbsp of cooking oil
150ml water

*(Blend the lemongrass, kaffir leamon leaves and chili together)

Marinade:
1 tsp salt
1 egg
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp flour

Method:
1. Marinate the chicken with the marinade for 2 hours or overnight. (I do it overnight because after marinated the chicken, I don't have time to cook it that day)
2. Heat wok or deep saucepan with 3 tbsp of cooking oil. Stir fried chicken until lightly brown.
3. Add the blended lemongrass, kaffir lemon leaves, chili and tom yam paste. Add water, cook until the water is dry and chicken is cooked. serve hot.  



15 comments:

  1. I can almost smell the spices here. Am loving it too ! Hope you're having a great week ahead dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appetizing, mouth watering, enticing..... Salivating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot, spicy and appetising! Great with hot steaming rice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow looks so good indeed. Would eat loads of that with a plate of white rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, spicy and sour, I can eat a lot rice with just this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tom yam chicken that you cooked. Looks super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...Sounds super good! More rice please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 非常开胃哦。我来插一脚,不晓得还有位子坐吗? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 这道菜,我看了一直流口水哦,嘿嘿。。。

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is a really appetising dish. Your house must be full of the aroma of Tom yam. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your tom yam chicken looks so delicious to me! Love the colour & I bet the whole house was filled with the fragrance of the lemongrass & tom yam paste when you cooked dish. Can I have a big bowl of white rice to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tom yam not necessary to be always seafood and love this for a change to cook with chicken. Bet it must taste very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so yummy! A definite two plates of rice with this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Se ve muy rico es irresistible el pollo,abrazos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!