30 August 2013

Nasi Lemak (Coconut Rice)


Last week, I cooked Nasi Lemak (Coconut Rice) for WT and purposely elaborated a bit on the food setting ...hopefully he will miss my home cooking :) Initially, thinking it will be a fast one...but it end up took me 1.5 hours (from cutting to cooking and washing)...phew, but is worth it as Gabriel and WT love the food, and Gabriel version was just vegetable, egg, anchovies and I stir fry some honey garlic soy chicken for him. 

For this post, I just record the recipe for Sambal Tumis Prawns and the Coconut Rice. I'm submitting this post to the Little Thumbs Up as the theme of this month is egg. For the sunny-side up egg, I think you will know how to make one without any recipe! 






Recipe from Tze's Kitchen Play
Ingredients for Coconut Rice:
1 cup jasmine rice, wash and drain
100 ml coconut milk
1-2 Pandan leaves (Screwpine leaf)
1/2 tsp salt

Method:
1. Place the rice in rice cooker, add some water, water level have to be 1/2 inch above the rice surface. Add coconut milk, tied the Pandan leaves into knot and place on top of rice, add salt. Cover the rice cooker and switch on electricity.

Ingredients for Sambal Tumis Prawns:
8-10 lady fingers, cook in boiling water for 2 mins.
200g of prawns, cleaned
120g New Moon Sambal Tumis paste
1 tbsp olive oil
50 ml water
1 small white onion, sliced

Method:
1. Heat up a wok, add olive oil. Stir-fry the sliced onion for 2 mins. Add prawns, stir-fry for another 2 mins.
2. Add Sambal Tumis paste, add water. Add cooked lady fingers. Stir-fry and mix all together for another 3 mins or until water boil. Serve warm with coconut rice. 





I am submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event organized by Bake for Happy Kidsmy little favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.

5 comments:

  1. 这个椰浆饭是我的大大爱,那个sambal prawn我要多多只哦!
    嘻嘻!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one delicious plate of nasi lemak, Tze! It's one of the dishes I miss most when I was abroad too. Thanks for linking this to LTU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nasi lemak is making my mouth water! So delicious with all that sambal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tze,

    The egg LTU have lots of last min links and I'm still trying to visit all in September... LOL!

    Glad that I'm not missing not your delicious nasi lemak post... drooling here! Ops!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!