22 August 2011

Potato Egg Salad


Trying a few dishes on "Cooking with eggs" by Tang Phaik Cheng. This dish is for Gabriel, I modified a bit on the ingredients by adding more vegetables. Worried that Gabriel may not like the spicy taste, I omitted the seasoning and mustard too. 

Recipe adapted from Cooking With Eggs, with modifications.

Ingredients:
4 eggs (used one egg)
2 potatoes (used six small salad potatoes, wash thoroughly if need to retain the skin))
some chinese chives
6 tbsp mayonnaise (used two tbsp sandwish spread mayonnaise)
some mustard (omitted)
some carrots (chopped into small cube, boiled until soft)
1/2 tomato (chopped into small cube)
some broccoli (boiled until soft)

seasonings:
pinch of salt (omitted)
1/4 tsp black pepper (omitted)

Steps:
1. Boil egg, shell and cut into pieces (you may mashed it like what I did). Boil potatoes, peel and cut into pieces. (I didn't peel off the skin of all potatoes). Rinse chives and chop finely.
2. Mix mayonnaise into potatoes and add egg and all the boiled vegetables, mix evenly, sprinkle chives on top.

Reminder: Left two more day to participate in my 5th Blog Anniversary giveaway.

14 comments:

  1. 好健康的料理
    我想大人小孩都很爱吧:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm this looks good. btw will you be interested to join this event? http://preciousmoments66.blogspot.com/2011/08/remember-heritage-food-trail-that-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. 鲸鱼,这道料理我是蛮喜欢的。

    Sonia, my kid is happy with any food beside rice :)


    Edith, thanks for the invitation. Yes, I'll be joining the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I think my kids would really love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 看起来很像很健康噢, 偶尔我也喜欢这样吃, 简单又美味:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 为母的心声,就是每次都想方设法加入很多的营养在小孩的食物内,同时又要兼顾到味道,希望孩子会喜欢吃 ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very healthy dish for kids, love the colour combination.

    And the spoon is so cute, ;p.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this healthy dish and I will be happy too to eat this for my lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kitchen flavour, this is easy and fast to make. Do try out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Min, 这样吃,可以一次吃好多种疏菜哟 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. neyeeloh, 真是知我心, 天下妈妈都是一样的 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yee Er, it has a set of spoon, fork and knife as well as bowl. My boy choose different colour for all of them ^^ I get it from NTUC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zoe, me too :) This is a good choice during a busy schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!