11 August 2011

Black Soybean & Multi Grains Bun (Gelatinized Dough Method)


I'm again without domestic helper, my days go back to a very busy schedule. Morning, I always rush with the time preparing Gabriel for school, sometimes I have to go without breakfast until 10 am. I try to drink the so call healthy cereal pre-mix pack just to fill my stomach in the rush hour, and I find I like the taste of black soybean cereal until I developed the idea to mix the cereal into my bread. Guess what, I'm glad that I give it a try, the taste of the bun is delicious. 

Last night, I rearranged my workplace. A corner of the living room is converted into Mama and Gabriel's office, however, the mind of Gabriel is still thinking of his Papa who are on overseas business trip, he asked me "where is Papa's office?", I told him "papa's office is in the tall building at town, papa doesn't need a office at home." I think, Gabriel is not satisfy with my answer. I'm happy with my new corner and I think it does reflect in my baking too :) I think Gabriel is going to like the bun if I serve the bun with mushroom soup for his dinner ^^ 




Recipe from Ah Tze's kitchen play
Ingredients for Gelatinized Dough:
200ml milk
50g bread flour

Steps:
stir the milk and flour together and boil under medium heat. Once the liquid thicken, remove from heat. Set aside to cool. Keep into refrigerator for at least 12 hours.

Ingredients for bread:
270g bread flour
30g plain flour
9g instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
50ml warm milk
1 egg
60g butter
60g black soybean & multi grains mixture

Steps:
1. Add all (except the egg and butter, the liquid has to add in slowly) into a bowl until well blended. Add in egg and 100g of gelatinized dough, knead until well-blended. Add butter and knead to form elastic dough.
2. Let it proof for 40 mins., flatten the dough and divide it into required weight (for me into 12 portions), roll it round and let it rest for 10 mins.
3. Flatten the dough and roll the dough into oblong and round shape and let it proof for another 40 mins.
4. Slice the top of the bun, decorate with some butter and sprinkle with sugar, bake at 180 for 15 mins.





17 comments:

  1. hi, passing by your home and attracted by the bun. The buns look healthy and soft...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 好有doi doi的感觉。。。很弹性哦。。。。

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sound so healthy, good for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty & healthy bread ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sherleen, welcome! thanks for your compliment.

    Joelyn, Doi doi? 哈哈!这面包可是很软的哟 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 鲸鱼,谢谢喜欢!

    Sonia,thanks!

    Cathy, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous buns...it looks like they came right from a bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly look very yummy....I like using the gelatinized method too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 有豆味吗?我喜欢浓浓的豆味 ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeannie, yes the end result of it is amazing isn't it?

    neyeeloh, 这款面包的特点就在它浓浓的豆香,面包上头全是黑豆的小黑点。

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think it's really a nice idea incorporating what you've been taking daily to your breads! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lena, thanks! I'll be bold to try new flavours on my bread after this baking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea incorporating black soybean and multi-grains cereal into these lovely breads! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your buns look lovely! Yes, a great idea to add the grains cereal! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zoe, my son like to eat the bread with cheese :)


    Joyce, nice to see you again, I like the taste of these buns ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!