One of my favourite seafood...clams! This is a dish which I love since young, my mother will always prepare this dish for me when I go to visit her. I always buy clams when I see it in the wet market. The sauce from this dish contains the natural sweetness from the clams and a bit sourness from the vinegar which make me finished the whole plate of rice!
Recipe from Ah Tze's kitchen play
1kg of clams
some sliced ginger
1 clove chopped garlic
3 tbsp Japanese vinegar
2 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp oil
500ml water (I love to have more sauce)
1. Clams has to be fresh from the wet market, frozen clams are not recommend for this dish.
2. Soak calms in salt water (1 tbsp salt) and place it on the kitchen table for at least an hour (DO NOT place it into the fridge!), fresh clams will clear the dirt by itself, rinse the clams thoroughly and drain well before cooking.
1. Heat oil in wok. Stir fry garlic and ginger for 2 mins.
2. Add in clams, stir fry for 1 mins, add water, vinegar and light soy sauce.
3. Stir fry until the shell of the clams is widely open, about 5 mins. Serve hot.