11 January 2011

Cashew Nut Peanut Cookies


My second cookies for this year CNY... Cashew Nut meet Peanut, they become lover forever. One-year seems a very short period but for me I have walked a far journey in my baking life. A year full of thanks. I'm thankful to God that I've linked up with some bloggers that unselfishly guiding the beginner like me, sincerely pointing out mistakes in my baking. When I saw the end result of this peanut cookies, I was overwhelming with emotion because one year ago, I didn't know 糖粉 is icing sugar. This end result is to share with you all.



I bought the whole cashew nuts which need to half into two for easy display on the top of peanut cookies.

Recipe adapted from my previous baking: Peanut Cookies: Part 2 

500g groundnut mix
200ml peanut oil
400g plain flour
200g icing sugar
1 tsp salt
1 egg yolk for glazing
Some cashew nuts


Steps:
1. Bake the groundnut mix in the oven on low heat until fragrant (~150C for 15 mins)
2. Sift the plain flour into bowl, add sugar, groundnut mix, salt and oil (oil has to add gradually, stop when the mixture can be hold as ball). Mix and knead until dough incorporate.
3. Make the peanut balls using hands (I think this is faster ^_^), place the peanut balls on baking tray.
4. Glaze with egg and press a piece of cashew nut on top of each peanut ball.
5. Place in oven, bake at 200 for 15-20 mins.


Note: After baking for 15 mins, the peanut cookies started to crack, it means the peanut cookies is ready.


The mixture after kneading. The groundnut mix I used is in grain form like the size of caster sugar. To get a smooth cookies, what you need to do is to knead the mixture as much as possible let the icing sugar melted and blended with the flour and groundnut mix. 


Cashew nut peanut cookies ready for oven


I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) which hosted by J3ss Kitch3n to support the event.

17 comments:

  1. ohh ah tze!! we have all come a long way in blogging and baking/cooking! and i'm so lucky to know all of you! there are still many things for us to learn! we will walk down the learning path together! hands in hands!

    p.s did you leave some of the cookies for me? hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cashew nut met peanut and fell in love? but i'm sure many of us will fall in love with this cookie of yours too. not too familiar with the ground peanuts mix? is yours in powder form?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love cashew nut! I can imagine how yummy are those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo... I really miss all the CNY cookies! Good on you for the head start. Have you shopped for all your CNY clothes yet? Hehe, happy baking and enjoy the CNY celebrations!! I really miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. double nuts double happiness....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess, thanks for the encouragement! Hope to meet you one day!

    Lena, thanks for liking the cookies. To answer your question, I've posted the photo of the mixture, the groundnut I used in not in powder form but as the size of caster sugar.

    Talita, thanks for dropping by! Glad you like my cookies.

    Kimba, welcome back! Chirstmas just end and another holiday is coming soon :D Need to find time for shopping ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. 苏联: This cookies is for you! Thanks for helping me in the beginning. Is the cookies look better than one year ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your peanut cookies presentation. The crunch of cashew can provide more texture to this cookies. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vivian, thanks for liking the cookies! yes, the cashew nut add extra texture to the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like peanut cookies, but haven't baked mine this year. Yours look great, sure very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Min, thanks! I've to bake earlier this year because will travel before CNY ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah Tze, you have baked one of my favorite CNY cookies! As I am not a good baker, I buy most of my cookies but perhaps I should try baking this one myself for this CNY using your recipe. Your cookies looks great and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. QuayPoCooks, thanks for liking my cookies! This recipe is not difficult, you should give it a try! Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cookies for the entry! They are so beautifully shaped.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zoe, thank you! Compared to my last year peanut cookies, this year one really look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks lovely, ah tze. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!