28 June 2014

Japanese Condensed Milk Bread 日式练乳面包


Every times my bakes are always out of time, far too late! This round hope I am on time :) yes, I have lot of bread flour to clear before I leave for summer. Saw this hot Japanese Condensed Milk Bread on May's blog then Eileen's blog, they said it is hot on Facebook and the way the bread is baked attracted me, it is like the pull-apart bread sometimes ago which I missed to bake as well. So I just jump into the baking wagon and bake it! Today saw Jozelyn also posted hers! 

I used 17cm chiffon pan.

Note:
1. The proofing time for this bread is far longer than the usual bread. I took about two hours for the first proofing even it was done in the pre-heated oven! The bread second proofing was done overnight. As it was very late, I cover the dough and let it sit in the off heat oven overnight.









Recipe from May (original from Winnie)
Ingredients for bread:
200g bread flour
15g condensed milk
120g milk
20g sugar
3g dry instant yeast
3g salt
20g butter

sticky sauce:
20g condensed milk
20g butter
* mix well

decoration:
some almond flakes
some pistachio, crashed 

egg wash: 1 egg, lightly beaten 

Method:
1. Mix all ingredients for bread in the mixing bowl (except butter), knead the dough using the cake mixer with dough hook to form rough dough, add butter and knead until smooth elastic film.

2. Cover the dough and proof it until double in size.

3. Punch out the air in the dough, flatten the dough to a rectangle size 12" x 8"

4. Apply a layer of sticky sauce on the dough, cut into four strips. Stack up the dough and cut into eight portions.

5. Place the dough, straight side up in the lightly grease chiffon pan. Let it proof to cover the whole chiffon pan. 

6. Brush the top of the dough with egg wash, sprinkle some almond flakes and crashed pistachio on top.

7. Bake at 165C for 25mins. 


I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Mui Mui of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Jozelyn Ng of Spice Up My Kitchen

10 comments:

  1. 你家也做了啊, 我做了第二回合了, 哈哈哈!
    谢谢你的链接!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes oh yes, this was my to do for next week and now I saw yours. Lagi more motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 我今天也做了这款面包,它真的太好吃了。。。嘻嘻!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tze..I have done this too and plan to do another one..love the texture of this bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tze, you're JIT ... just in time! Love your fluffy Japanese Condensed Milk Bread ! Seeing so many posted by blogger pals, I could only 吞口水 >~<!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Tze! Your bread turn out so good! When i read your post then only i realize I miss out the egg wash for mine ^_^

    Thanks for mentioning and linking this posts to LTU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tze, I saw this bread posted everyday by blogger friends. Making me want to try it out too. BTW how did you knead the dough, by hand or the cake mixer with dough hook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, the dough was knead using cake mixer with dough hook. Like the usual bread making process, knead the dough until smooth elastic film.

      Delete
  8. wow, this is really popular..i think i hv seen 4-5 posts on this bread for the last 24hours..and yours is just as beautiful, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tze, I baked this too. It is really nice , no wonder it is so popular.
    Same as you, mine also took longer time for proofing. Worth to wait !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!