26 March 2014

Chocolate Marble Cake


So happy to see the Bake-Along theme for this round is Chocolate Marble Cake, one of my son favourite butter cake. Yes, I know this is a butter cake, since I have successfully shrink down more than 3 kg, I think I can take a break to consume this buttery cake :D Anyway, I am very excited to see how the marble effect on this cake turn out to be. Of course, the swirls can be better. The taste of this chocolate marble cake will not disappointing you, the texture of the cake is buttery and fine not like the store bought coarse cake texture. 

I'm using the recipe from Lena of Frozen Wings. Thank you, Lena! Another good afternoon tea cake for me and my son :)





Recipe from Frozen Wings original from featsoffeasts
Ingredients:
225g butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
4 oz semi sweet chocolate coarsely chopped

Method:
1. Line the loaf pan.
2. Melt the chocolate over simmering water.
3. Preheat oven at 180C. Sift flour with baking powder and salt together.
4. Use the electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
5. Add flour and milk in alternate batches. 
6. Pour half of the cake batter into melted chocolate. Fold in gently until well mixed.
7. Drop large spoonfuls of chocolate batter then plain batter till the pan is filled. Using spatula or knife swirl the batter gently in number 8 motion only once to create marble effect.
8. Bake for 1.5 hour if top of the cake brown too quickly, cover with foil. 



I'm linking this post to Bake Along hosted by Lena, Joyce and Zoe.


8 comments:

  1. HI Tze, it's already 12.52am here & I'm still awake. I have just come here to get a few of your old recipes & saw this new posting as well! Love this chocolate marble cake! Going to sleep now! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tze,

    I realise that a lot of people put on weight when they started living in Melbourne... especially my husband. Nice that you are losing more than 3 kg!!! Jia you jia you!

    ok ok... maybe forget the diet first and enjoy these delicious butter cake :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very distinct colours and marbling effects.. Indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tze,
    Lovely marble cake! Looks like marble cakes have a long list of fans everywhere!
    Thank you for baking along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're welcome tze and happy to know that you like this cake too! you shed 3 kg? that's a lot..! now you can really hv more pieces of this cake..:D thank you for your participation, tze..cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can literally smell the butter from here. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious cake... my son loves marble butter cake too! He ask me to make it again next week when he's in school LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your marble cake looks so inviting and delicious, love the dark chocolate contrast! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!