Made the Jelly Hearts using the recipe published on The Sunday Times. My baking mould is bigger, I used 2x the ingredients, but the cream cheese layer seems too soft, in future I should add more gelatin powder to it.
Recipe from The Sunday Times:
9 McVitie's Original Digestive biscuits, crushed
70g butter, melted
250g cream cheese, room temperature
295g condensed milk
1 lemon juice
2 tsp gelatin
50ml hot water
1 punnet of strawberries
One 90g box of Tortally raspberry flavoured jelly crystals
1. Crush the biscuits and mix in the melted butter in a bowl.
2. Pour the biscuit mixture into a square baking tin. Compact the biscuit mixture.
3. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. Beat the cream cheese until smooth using a whisk. Add condensed milk and lemon juice. Continue to mix.
5. Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water. strain it if there are insoluble granules. Add to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
6. Pour cream cheese mixture into the tine and spread evenly.
7. Bisect the strawberries, then cut out the stalk.
8. Starting in the centre, place the heart shaped strawberries on top of the cream cheese mixture in a symmetrical fashion. Gently push them into the mixture, just deep enough to ensure that they will not slide.
9. Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
10. Follow the instructions on the jelly crystals box to make the jelly solution. Let it cool to room temperature.
11. Pour jelly solution over the cheesecake so that it covers the strawberries. Place the baking tin back to the fridge until the jelly set.