20 April 2011

Chocolate Cream Cheese Muffin


Saw 鲸鱼 baked these beautiful chocolate cream cheese muffins, since I have all the ingredients ready in my kitchen, I decided to give the recipe a try. The taste of chocolate and cream cheese in this recipe can be consider...perfect! It makes me happy!

I'm submitting this post to “Aspiring Bakers #6: Say Cheese! (April 2011)", hosted by Jean from Noms I Must


Recipe adapted from 鲸鱼,original recipe from CHING, with minor changes

Ingredients:
80g Butter (used 100g)
50g Brown sugar
2 eggs (used 3 eggs)
60g milk
140g top flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder (used 4 tbsp)
2 tsp baking powder

Filling:
80g cream cheese (used 120g)
2 tbsp icing sugar

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 150C (my oven 170C)
2. Sieve flour, cocoa powder and bakign powder.
3. Mix well the filling ingredients with spoon.
4. Cream butter, sugar till light and fluffy.

5. Add eggs in batches, mix well.
6. Add half of the flour, mix well.
7. Add milk and remaining flour, use spatula to stir until the batter is smooth.
8. Scoop 1 tbsp batter into baking cup, add 1 tsp filling and add batter on top.
9. Bake for 20-25 mins.




Happy Baking!