I have to clear a few packs of superfine almond powder in my pantry and decided to bake this almond cookies for Chinese New Year.
Yield: 100 pieces
250g superfine ground almond
100g icing sugar
230g self raising flour
180ml corn oil (depends on the flour, it could need more or less oil)
egg yolk for brushing
1. Sift together flour and icing sugar. Add in ground almond, mix well.
2. Mix in corn oil, mix well. Knead the ingredients to form soft dough.
3. Shape the dough into small balls using hands.
4. Brush the egg yolk on each of the dough balls.
5. Bake at preheat oven 170C for 15 to 20 mins.