06 May 2014

Vegetable and Feta Muffins 疏菜奶酪满芬


This is my first time making savory muffins, it is actually a great snack for my kid lunchbox! It is easy and fast to make because it doesn't require the electric mixer ^^ The original recipe asked to use a type of vegetable called Swiss chard which I don't have. I replaced it with whatever vegetable I have in my fridge. The taste of this savory muffin is so delicious with feta and Parmesan cheese in it! 

When I watched my son eating the vegetable muffins I laughed loud inside my heart until the moment he asked me "what is the green things mummy?", it was already the third one! I told him "vegetable!" 

第一次烘焙咸满芬才发现它可是不错的小点心哟!我儿子本来就很喜欢吃奶酪,在满芬里又加了疏菜,食物的营养成份有加分呢!看着他不停的吃着疏菜奶酪满芬,我心里在偷笑。。。!


I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up (May 2014: Milk) hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House(Me ^.^) 

Note to make a lovely muffin:
Don't over mix the batter!






Recipe from Mastering the Art of Baking by Anneka Manning
(yield 12 muffins)

Ingredients:
9 oz frozen Swiss chard, thawed (used fresh spinach, finely chopped)
2 1/4 cups self rising flour
7 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1 1/4 cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup milk
2 eggs, at room temperature
4 1/2 oz butter, melted and cooled
some freshly ground black pepper

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 200C. You can lined the muffin holes or lightly brush 12 cup of muffin holes with oil/ butter.
2. Sift flour into a bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir in half of the feta and Parmesan respectively then make a well in the center.
3. Whisk the milk and eggs together in a pitcher, then pour into the well. Add melted butter. Use a spatula, gently fold the mixture together until just combined but not smooth. Stir in the chopped spinach. (The batter should be a little lumpy)
4. Fill the muffin hole 3/4 full. Mix together the remaining cheeses and sprinkle on top of each muffin. Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown. Serve the muffins warm.





I'm submitting this post to Little Thumbs up (May 2014: Milk) organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House

13 comments:

  1. 这个蔬菜满分感觉很‘热闹’,很colourful,看了心情大好哦!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tze, I am here for a piece of your savory muffins, they look so good! I have not tried making savory muffins too! Would make a great breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Tze! I don't dare to bake savory muffin coz I'm worrying that my hubby & son won't like it & I have to finish them all by myself. But your version comes with feta cheese inside & sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tze, Every bakes which are healthy always caught my eyes! Thumbs up for these savoury muffins, bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tze,
    I know why you laughed loud inside your heart because I do thAt too when my kids eats my bread with celery in them ;)
    Love to try out this savory muffin sometimes. I guess I will love it too!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love savoury muffins! Spinach and feta sounds great together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this combinatin of muffins, suits my taste too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tze,
    We love savoury muffins! And have just made some last week too.
    These looks really good.
    I have a few milk posts ready and will linking later in the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 上次我做了一个类似的(里面是西兰花)
    所以我知道这个肯定好吃!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 你的满分很特别,加入菜的满分我没吃过呢!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 很棒的 muffin。让我可以想办法给孩子吃个有素菜健康的小点心了。

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love savoury muffins. Feta must have added extra flavours to those beautiful treats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tze,

    Nice "whatever" muffins!!! Funny that Gabriel realized the green things after having his 3rd muffins... LOL!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!