Do you know why in four seasons country people use dish washing machine? It is not because they are lazy, just because the water is too icy cold for the hands!! My rental place water heater chose to break down since last week...yes in the cold winter! We have to boil so many times of hot water whenever we need to take shower! But cooking and washing dishes becomes chaos...the water is super cold for the hands!!...anyway, Thank God! Today the land lord send a plumber and change the whole water heating system for us!
Today is windy and rainy, not a good day for taking any photos :( But the Kidney Beans Chiffon Roll is soft, fluffy and light!... please handle with care! Lol! Do you know why the kidney beans is not as much as in the original recipe? ...because this is the second bake, I under baked the first sponge (I think). It created a big well and cracked when I pulled the sponge out from the baking tray. So the only choice I have is to dig out the kidney beans and bake another sponge, so this is real, please Handle with care! Lol!
I am using 孟老师's recipe for this roulade.
Recipe from 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷, page 55
egg yolk mixture:
4 egg yolks
20g fine sugar
40g salad oil
80g cake flour
4 egg whites
80g fine sugar
100g can kidney beans (used ~50g)
80g unsalted butter (omitted)
50g whipping cream (used 150g)
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar. gradually add salad oil and milk into the egg yolk mixture. Hand whisk the mixture until well combined.
2. Add the sift cake flour into the egg yolk mixture, whisk until a smooth mixture.
3. In another bowl, add egg whites, beat until foamy. Add sugar in few batches. Beat until stiff peak foam. When upside down the mixing bowl, the meringue will stay in the bowl.
4. Add 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk flour mixture. Mixed until well combined. Fold in remaining meringue in two batches. Fold in kidney beans.
5. Pour the mixture into lined baking tray, level the mixture. Bake at 190C for 5 mins then turn the heat to 160C for 7 mins.
6. Remove sponge from baking tray once the cake is done. Let it cool on rack, then remove the parchment paper.
7. For the filling, whisk the whipping cream with sugar until fluffy. Spread the whipping cream on the sponge, roll it up Swiss roll style. Place it in the fridge overnight before cutting.