One day while I was surfing the Internet I found a photo of an Oreo sitting on the bottom of cheesecake, I love it so much that I quickly swing into action to bake myself these cute lovely bite size Oreo cheesecake. Do you remember I bought a 2 kg cream cheese from Costco the other day? yes, I need to use up the cream cheese as soon as I can :)
I love this type of baking, all cakes in an individual cupcake liners no worries of cutting an ugly slice of cake. Is good if this is for party too. Is easy peasy yet so tasty!
I'm using my previous recipe on Green Tea Cheesecake, modified a bit to cater for the crushed Oreo cookies.
Recipe adapted from 幸福甜点81道， 星期天的烘焙时光 with modifications
12 pcs of Oreo cookies (remove cream)
250g cream cheese
150ml thickened cream
100g butter, soften
15g corn flour
8 pcs of Oreo cookies, crushed (remove cream)
1. Place the cupcake liners in the cupcake pan and place Oreo cookies in each of the cupcake liners.
2. Double boil the cream cheese and sugar in a big bowl, until the sugar is melted and mix well with cream cheese. Take the bowl away from the heat, add the egg. Mix well.
3. Gradually add in the thickened cream, stir well. Then butter and corn flour. Stir well. Add crushed Oreo cookies.
4. Scoop the cake batter into individual cupcake liners.
5. Prepare the water bath, place the water bath at the bottom of oven. Place the cupcake pan on the middle rack. Steam bake at 120C for 25 mins.
6. When the cake is done, take out from the oven and let it cool down before put in the fridge. Dislodge the cake only when the cake is harden.