01 December 2011

Snowflake Almond Cranberry Cookies


December is the month that I've been waiting for so long, finally today is 1st December, start to count down :)

This week Life Group will be at my house, usually it will end around 10pm, and the host has to prepare light supper. Start thinking of the menu for supper, it should be light and easy for me to prepare as I want to enjoy the day and enjoy the present of God. When I saw Anncoo Journey posted this Almond Cranberry Cookies, I like the recipe as I've all ingredients ready in my freezer and it doesn't require a whisk or mixer...less washing for the lazy me :D 

Oh, Christmas is not far, let me surprise everyone with these pretty and yummy Snowflake Almond Cranberry Cookies. I double the ingredients but it is still not enough for me :) I made about 18 nos. After grinding the almond flakes and dried cranberry, there is still small bits of almond and cranberry for you to munch and crunch on... I love this way of eating my crunchy cookies! 

You may hop over to Anncoo Journey to see her beautiful baked and the photos illustrations.





Recipe adapted from Anncoo Journey
I double the ingredients to make 18 nos. big snowflake cookies
70g dried cranberry
70g almond flakes
200g plain flour
70g icing sugar
40g ground almond
100g cold butter, cut into cubes
2 tbsp fresh milk

Steps:
1. Toast the almond flakes in oven at 160C for 5 mins.
2. Blend the almond flakes and dried cranberry in a grinder separately and mix them together in a bowl.
3. In a bowl sieve in plain flour, icing sugar and add in ground almond. Add in cold butter and rub with finger tips with both hands until the mixture is sandy.
4. Add fresh milk into cranberry mixture, mix well and add it into the flour mixture. Mix well and knead it into dough.
5. Roll out the dough into 1cm thick and cut out shapes using your preferred pastry cookies cutter. Place them on baking tray with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 170C for 15~20 mins or until golden brown.





My new kitchen toy, KitchenAid ...my birthday present!