Lot of half used ingredients laying in the fridge, what should I do with them? Need to clear as soon as possible! Glutinous rice in two boxes already there for ... 2~3 days, grated coconut, pulut panggang lemongrass filling, mashed purple sweet potato, countless ingredients... I've spend so much time preparing them, no way for me to just trash them in the bin! So tonight, a very fast meal appears on the table... Pulut Inti and Baked Lemongrass Chicken.
I've made 9 small balls of Pulut Inti to go with my baked lemongrass chicken. For the recipe to make the rice please refer here. For the recipe to make the lemongrass paste please refer here (Pulut Panggang filling)
Recipe for the coconut topping
100g palm sugar/gula melaka
2 knotted screwpine leaves/pandan
150g grated skinned coconut
1/2 tsp salt (option)
1. Combine palm sugar, water and screwpine leaves in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and strain mixture into a clean saucepan.
3. Stir in grated coconut and salt. Place mixture over the heat again and continue cooking, stirring well, until mixture is thick and glossy about 10 mins.
4. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
5. To assemble Pulut Inti, spoon 1 tbsp rice, mixing plain and blue, top with 1 tsp coconut filling.
Spread the lemongrass paste on the chicken, bake at 210C for 45 mins with aluminium foil covered above the baking tray.