30 December 2014

Nutella Cheesecake


Hi I'm back from holiday! 


This December to me is filled with love, fun and friendship. How about yours? I didn't make myself overeating or over busy during the break. I was inspired to bake this Nutella Cheesecake by a friend who had baked it, when I saw it I gamely told her I want a slice too, she brought two big slices to me wrapped in crumpled aluminium foil... it was heart warming! That was one of the most delicious Nutella Cheesecake I ever tasted. She is talented in many ways that she herself may not feel so, she has a beautiful personality.

I found a Nutella Cheesecake recipe on Internet (Rasa Malaysia's website) but as you know me ...always like to change the recipe here and there to suit the ingredients I have in hands. I measured and recorded the method so I can replicate it next time. The best part of this cake is, it can be done with hand whisk! This Nutella Cheesecake is for a party which I'm going to attend, if you like heavy creamy cheesecake, this is for you! 

Wish you a Successful and Awesome 2015!!









8 x 8 inch loose bottom square pan
Ingredients:
396g oreo crumbs, remove the cream (used 9 packs with 44g each pack)
150g unsalted butter, melt 
600g philadelphia cream cheese
2 eggs lightly beaten
125g sugar (can reduce a bit more as I still think it is sweet)
250g heavy cream or whipping cream also can
150g Nutella
1 tbsp corn flour

Method:
1. Lay the loose base baking pan with aluminium foil (for base and the four walls) then with a piece of parchment paper just fit for the base of baking pan. (This will help when you need to take out the cheesecake)
2. You can pulse the oreo into fine using a electric blender or like me just place it into a plastic bag and use a weight to crash the oreo into fine. 
3. In a bowl, place the oreo crumbs and melted butter. Mix well. Press oreo mixture into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 12 mins at 180C. Set aside and let it cool.
4. In a double boiler, place the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl, keep stirring until the cream cheese mixture is smooth (the bottom heat should just enough to melt the cream cheese and sugar) add whipping cream. Remove the bowl and pour in egg in two batches.  Add corn flour. Whisk until the mixture is smooth. Pour the cream cheese mixture through a strainer. Take out 1/3 of cream cheese mixture and add Nutella into it. 
5. Assemble: Spread 2/3 of the cream cheese mixture over the cooled oreo crust. Bake for 5-8 mins at 180C, then take out the cheesecake and pour the Nutella cream cheese mixture on top of the plain cheesecake. Spread evenly. Bake on center rack for 30 mins, the center of the cheesecake will still jiggle when you shake the pan but you can see a thin crust is form on the surface that's mean the cheesecake is baked.
6. Cool completely before you place in the refrigerator for a least 3 hours before cutting.