Peanut Cookies is sure in my menu because it is one of my hubby's favourite! This was the second batch I baked in a row, this year I changed the peanut cookies pattern a bit, it is with indentation in the middle. My first batch of peanut cookies actually didn't take the indentation well, the cookies dough cracked when I made the indentation in the middle. So I added more oil for my second batch of baking so the dough is able to bind well.
To get a smooth peanut cookies, you need to use icing sugar and make sure you knead the dough well! Love this crumbly and addictive cookies!! Oops! the top of the cookies is way too dark...next time no more adding of golden syrup in the glaze.
500g fine ground peanuts
200ml peanut oil (may need to add a bit more oil, it depends on the flour you used)
400g plain flour
200g icing sugar
1 tsp salt
1 egg yolk for glazing + a few drop of golden syrup (should not add golden syrup next time)
1. Bake the ground peanuts in the oven on low heat until fragrant (120C for 15 mins)
2. Sift the plain flour into bowl, add sugar, ground peanuts, salt and oil (oil has to add gradually, stop when the dough can hold up into ball). Mix the mixture with a spatula then knead until the dough is smooth.
3. Make the peanut balls using hands, place the peanut balls on lined baking tray.
4. Glaze with egg and used the back of a chopstick to make indentation on top of each peanut ball.
5. Bake at 180C for 15-20 mins. or until the cookies turned slightly brown.