07 March 2012

Coconut Macaron Ice-cream Sandwiches


I am joining the blog hop event: Cook Like A Star for the first time, it is organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids. With my tight daily schedule and a nagging hubby, ya nagging on why I need to spend so much time in the kitchen doing my baking :) I've to find a fast, fresh and simple recipe. This is the one, Coconut Macaron Ice-cream Sandwiches by Donna Hay, not only easy to prepare but taste good with baked dessicated coconut too. 

This dessert is a good treat for kids, a browning crispy coconut crust and sweet ice-cream filling will delight theirs day!




I'm submitting this post to Cook Like A Star Event organised by Bake for Happy Kids. For more details, you can check here.



Recipe from Donna Hay
2 egg whites
110g caster sugar
160g desiccated coconut
ice-cream, to serve

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
2. Place the eggwhite, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Line baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
4. Place an egg ring on the tray and fill with 2 tablespoons of the mixture.
5. Press with the back of a spoon to flatten and remove egg ring.
6. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
7. Bake the macarons for 10–12 minutes or until a light golden colour. Cool on trays. To serve, sandwich the macarons together with your choice of ice-cream.
8*.Tip: Dip scoop in warm water


38 comments:

  1. 这个好特别哦
    真想咬一大口

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look so lovey!! Can reserve one for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coconut macaron looks really good! A lovely dessert! It would be perfect with my Toasted Coconut Ice Cream which I posted today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen@Hundred Eighty DegreesWed Mar 07, 08:06:00 PM 2012

    Hi Ah Tze, do we need to beat egg white lightly before mixing to combine with sugar and dessicated coconut? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need, just add all ingredients in one mixing bowl and stir well. You may look at the video which link to Donna HAy recipe.

      Delete
  5. Ah Tze, this is so good. If you reserve one for Ann, remember to reserve one for me too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Awesome coconut macaron with ice-cream!!! This is certainly a delicious & wonderful treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kit, which flavor you like, I have chocolate, strawberry and vanilla :) thanks for coming!

      Delete
    2. Wow! So many choices , I don't even know which one to choose!! Perhaps strawberry because I love pink! Thanks for dropping by my blog! Have a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  7. This recipe does looks easy and delicious. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 从这个月开始每个星期二都可以在TLC频道看到 Donna Hay 的烹饪节目,但是我忘了首播是几号廖 +_+

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was amazed with all very-uniformly shaped macaron and was wondering at first how did you do that...

    Now, I know egg ring is your magic tool! You have made this DH recipe very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This macaron is not the French Macaron, it used the egg ring :)

      Delete
  10. This is certainly new thing for me. I've never tried anything like this. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Donna Hay's recipe is new to me too :)

      Delete
  11. Yum, these Macaroons look beautiful and when sandiwched with ice cream, woah, pure delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is not the French Macaroons, is simple. I'm still trying to figure out why I can't get the "feet" for the French Macaroons :)

      Delete
  12. wow, this look so good, Tze...
    may i know, how's the sweetness of this coconut macaroon?

    ReplyDelete
  13. 好特别的组合,家里还有一包干椰丝,我也要动手了。

    ReplyDelete
  14. they look so uniform! i'll take one bite of the chocolate one and then another bite of the strawberry one and come back for the chocolate and then strawberry...yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using egg ring to form the shape :) Lena, i will share the whole tab of ice cream with you ...hahaha!

      Delete
  15. Oh, what a great ice cream sandwich!!! These look so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah Tze, any more left? I am sending my hubby over. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  17. simple menu but so tasty.. 2thumbup for u :)


    Just FYI, there’s an event for bloggers and the prizes are iPad2 and Cash Find the info here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ah Tze, glad to know your blog via Cook like a Star. This is also my 1st time joining Zoe's blog hop event. I saw some familiar followers here! Wanted to be your 100th follower but I can;t wait anymore, I guess, 99th is not bad! Will drop by your blog in the future!

    This is special way to eat ice cream! Very special recipe, not seeing it from anywhere b4! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!