My second cookies for this year CNY... Cashew Nut meet Peanut, they become lover forever. One-year seems a very short period but for me I have walked a far journey in my baking life. A year full of thanks. I'm thankful to God that I've linked up with some bloggers that unselfishly guiding the beginner like me, sincerely pointing out mistakes in my baking. When I saw the end result of this peanut cookies, I was overwhelming with emotion because one year ago, I didn't know 糖粉 is icing sugar. This end result is to share with you all.
I bought the whole cashew nuts which need to half into two for easy display on the top of peanut cookies.
Recipe adapted from my previous baking: Peanut Cookies: Part 2
500g groundnut mix
200ml peanut oil
400g plain flour
200g icing sugar
1 tsp salt
1 egg yolk for glazing
Some cashew nuts
1. Bake the groundnut mix in the oven on low heat until fragrant (~150C for 15 mins)
2. Sift the plain flour into bowl, add sugar, groundnut mix, salt and oil (oil has to add gradually, stop when the mixture can be hold as ball). Mix and knead until dough incorporate.
3. Make the peanut balls using hands (I think this is faster ^_^), place the peanut balls on baking tray.
4. Glaze with egg and press a piece of cashew nut on top of each peanut ball.
5. Place in oven, bake at 200 for 15-20 mins.
Note: After baking for 15 mins, the peanut cookies started to crack, it means the peanut cookies is ready.
The mixture after kneading. The groundnut mix I used is in grain form like the size of caster sugar. To get a smooth cookies, what you need to do is to knead the mixture as much as possible let the icing sugar melted and blended with the flour and groundnut mix.
Cashew nut peanut cookies ready for oven
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) which hosted by J3ss Kitch3n to support the event.