07 May 2014

Creamy Kombu Chicken Soup 昆布奶香鸡肉汤


Today I discovered a way of cooking delicious soup for my son! Is fast and easy because everything go into a soup pot. I added vegetables and chicken in it, and the stock base is using kombu or konbu. 

The recipe inspired me to cook this soup is from a child nutrition recipes book, it use cabbage and chicken stock, the chicken has to be pan-fried to golden brown before add to the soup. As I'm afraid the fried chicken will be too hard for my son, i didn't pan-fried the chicken and end up doing my own way all together. The soup turn out very delicious with a very flavorful taste of kombu, and of course this can be a great soup base for noodle too. I will serve the soup together with steamed rice for my son dinner. 

I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up (May 2014: Milk) hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House (Me ^.^) 

Mother's Day is around the corner, wishing all mums a Happy Mother's Day! 


Note:
Add milk to the soup last and just right before switch off the heat.

今天孩子的晚餐是甚么?就来一碗营养丰富的昆布奶香鸡肉汤吧!一个锅煮,一碗温胃的汤,为孩子的健康打下基楚。用了昆布高汤,汤头真的好赞!这汤也是很好下面条的,我在试吃时一直喝个不停 ^^ 

祝妈妈们母亲节快乐!










Ingredients:
200g Napa Cabbage, cut into small bite size pieces
100~150g chicken breast meat, cut into small chunks
4 pieces baby corns, cut into small
1/2 medium carrot, thinly slices
1/2 medium red onion, thinly slices
a few pieces of wolfberries 
100ml concentrated kombu stock
500 ml water
120ml milk
40g plain flour
1/4 salt
a pinch of black peppers
some coriander, finely chopped 
1 heap spoon of butter, soften (can cut a bit if doesn't want the soup to be too oily)

Method:
1. Heat up the medium soup pot, add butter. Switch the heat to low, gradually add the flour, continue to stir until no more flour lump. Add the concentrated kombu and water. Switch to high heat. 
2. Add the slices onion, cut napa cabbage, baby corns, carrot and wolfberries. (The water level should be able to cover the vegetable, if not add a bit more water) Bring the broth to boil. Add the chicken and cook until the broth re-boiled. Switch to low heat and cook for another 5 mins.
3. Gradually add in the milk, add salt and black peppers to taste. Remove from heat. Add the coriander before serving.




I'm submitting this post to Little Thumbs up (May 2014: Milk) organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tze! This soup is simple yet nutritious and delicious. Also will be loved by us adults!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phong Hong! Yes, me and hubby love the soup too!

      Delete
  2. Happy Mothers' Day to you, Tze! You are always the sweet mum that cook the best nutritional food for Gabriel :D

    I have a lot to learn from you... Nice soup!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, you are awesome mum too, some more you are working full time!

      Delete
  3. Tze, last weekend I went to my regular-visit small Japanese shop for dried kombu but the owner said she has some problem with the quanratine. But she said once the stock is in, she will give me a call, till now, I still haven't received the call yet. It's quite cold in my area now, night time is below 10C, day time is in low 20C so I always think of having hot soup! Your kombu chicken soup looked very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Jessie, you can get the dried kombi or the liquid type from Asian Groceries Shop at China town. I actually bought the concentrated kombi from Melbourne.

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!