I wanted to bake this super soft custard bread for long. So many times after preparing the custard paste it end up sitting in the fridge as I don't have time to do it. Today, finally squeeze out the time to make the bread.
I'm so glad I baked this as the bread texture is really soft and the good thing is the bread texture is dense and not light. When making the custard paste, I actually overcooked it but luckily the bread turned up ok. The bread dough is a bit wet, but it is able to knead until elastic film.
This is a sweet bread, lovely sweet bread. A recipe from 孟老师的100道面包。
A happy note here: I finally found the spot to take photos using natural lighting in the late evening in my kitchen!! ^^ Today mission completed, de-stress successfully! ^O^
Recipe from 孟老师的100道面包
Ingredients for custard paste:
1 egg yolk
10g fine sugar
15g bread flour or high protein flour
1. Add all ingredients into a small saucepan, whisk well. Add the milk, heat up the pot with low heat, whisk the milk mixture until it turned into paste. Remove from heat, cool down, cover with wrapping cling, keep in fridge for 60 mins.
Ingredients for bread:
250g bread flour
30g fine sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4g dry instant yeast
15g milk powder
25g unsalted butter
1. Add all the bread ingredients (except butter and water) into the KitchenAid mixing bowl, add the custard paste prepared earlier. Set the KitchenAid to low speed (speed 2) let it spin for 1 min, gradually add water. Set the KitchenAid to medium speed (speed 4) let the dough knead into a smooth dough, when it is not sticky to the mixing bowl, is time to add the butter.
2. Set the KitchenAid to low speed (speed 2), let it spin for a while before set it to medium speed, the dough will be knead into elastic film like shown in the above photo.
3. Take out the dough and roll it into a ball, place in a container, cover and let it proof for 80 mins.
4. Punch out the air, divide the dough into 3 portions, roll them into balls, cover and let it rest for 15 mins.
5. Flatten and shape them into cylinder shape, place the dough into grease baking tin. Cover and let them proof for 60 mins. Egg wash the dough, place it in the pre-heat oven at 180C and bake for 30 mins. Remove the bread from baking tin immediately after baking.