This morning me and Gabriel went to West Coast Park again, I told him that we were meeting Jay and Aunt Ann, he seems very happy about the meet-up. He kept asking me where is Aunt Ann new home :) After an active morning, he slept well this afternoon and I had plenty of time to bake this special muffins for him as dinner. I did some research and used Raspberry Cheesecake Muffins recipe from Muffin Recipes website with some modifications...hahaha, I like to add what I like as always. This is also the main reason for most of my failure baked too. Lucky me, this time it turned out well!
Recipe adapted from Muffin Recipes website with changes.
* major changes: omitted the baking powder and reduced sugar into half from the original recipe.
1 small pack of fresh raspberries
250g plain flour
4 tbsp rolled oats
3 tbsp chocolate chips
80g caster sugar
2 tbsp cream cheese
50g butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease muffin tin or alternatively line each with paper cases.
3. In a bowl, hand beat together the cream cheese with ¼ of sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla until completely smooth. Put to one side for later.
4. In a saucepan, combine the butter, milk and remaining vanilla stir continually over a medium heat until the butter has melted.
5. Cool the mixture until warm to touch, then beat in the remaining 2 eggs, 1 at a time.
6. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt, and remaining sugar. Add butter and milk mixture and stir until blended. Add the raspberries and chocolate chips, and gently fold into the mixture.
7. Divide the mixture equally amoung each muffin tin/paper case.
8. Bake about for about 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are springy but firm.
Gabriel couldn't wait to dip his fork into the muffin while I tried to shoot the close up. He took away one, before he asked "can I eat this? can I eat this?" I was surprised to see him accepting the taste of raspberries.
The texture is moist and soft, to be precise is the softest muffins I ever baked so far. The taste is...sweet with a bit savoury from raspberries that blended well with the chocolate. The cream cheese flavour was subdued and went unnoticed. I love the refreshing taste!