This week I have a few baking to do. This Danish Butter Cookies recipe never fail me, it produces buttery and crunchy texture, my previous baked was sprinkled with coarse white sugar, this time I sprinkled the cookies with raw sugar. Thank you again Ann, for the recipe and cookies cutter.
Yield 52 pieces.
Recipe from Anncoo Journal
1 egg (60g) lightly beaten
200g soft butter (Lurpark butter, room temperature)
320g sifted plain flour
130g sifted icing sugar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
some coarse raw sugar for sprinkle
1. Place very soft butter and icing sugar in the mixing bowl, use a spatula to cream the butter together with the sugar. Add in the lightly beaten egg, vanilla extract and flour. Mix it to form a rough dough.
2. Flatten the dough between two sheets of cling wrap with a thickness of 4~5 mm. Cut the dough with your cookies cutter.
3. Place the cookies dough on the baking tray, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
4. Bake in the preheat oven at 200C for 14 mins. or until it turned golden brown (Depends on your oven)
5. Leave the cookies to cool completely before store in airtight container.