These snowskin mooncakes was made three days ago and the texture still remain soft and bouncy! The yellow one is with mango essence and the green one is with pandan essence. Thank Ann for the recipe!
Ingredients: (yield: 22 pieces)
50g Kao Fen (cooked glutinous rice flour)
230g snowskin flour (redman snowskin mooncakes premix)
50g icing sugar (sifted)
300g water (boil 500g water with 4 pandan leaves, leave it to cool, measure 300g water)
some extra kao fen for dusting
a drop of food colour (green, yellow) and 1/2 tsp of pandan and mango essence respectively.
Store bought lotus filling
1. Combine kao fen and snowskin flour in a big bowl. set aside.
2. In a pot, add water with icing sugar and shortening together, bring to boil until shortening melted, stir with a hand whisk.
3. Pour the hot liquid mixture to the flour mixture. Use spatula to stir mixture to form a soft dough, leave dough to cool (very oily dough at this stage), then knead dough again to smooth, add some kao fen if the dough is too sticky.
4. Add different colour dough for different type of filling.
5. Measure dough to 21g and wrap in 25g lotus paste or any other filling you prefer.
6. Roll it into a ball and dust with some kao fen and press firmly into press mould. Unmould the snowskin mooncake and store in an airtight container.
7. Chill snowskin mooncakes before consuming.