Recently very busy, my parent is coming end of the week and after another week, Gabriel and me will be going for travel. Not sure whether I still got time to post anything before end of this week. After this week, I will stop posting for a month.
This is an easy version of chicken curry puff because I used the store bought ready rolled pastry sheet. I'm very happy with the end result, the puff pastry from "Borg's" didn't disappointing me. The filling is actually the left over from my pandan chicken which I didn't finish cooking, I added another 1 tbsp mild curry powder to fry the filling. It turned out just the right taste for my family. Is Gabriel first taste on curry puff!
Recipe from Tze's Kitchen Play
3 sheets of ready rolled pastry
1 big onion, sliced
2 big potatoes, peeled, cut into small cubes
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp mild curry powder
1/2 tsp of salt
marinated chicken filling
1. Thaw the frozen pastry sheet for 30 mins. While the sheet still frozen, cut one piece into four using a knife. Is easier to handle the pastry sheet while it is still frozen.
2. Use a scissors to cut the marinated chicken filling into small cubes.
3. Cook the potatoes cubes in the pot of boiling water for 10 mins. Remove from pot, drain.
4. Heat the wok, add the cooking oil. Stir fry the sliced onion for 2 mins, add in the potatoes cubes. Stir fry until the potatoes turned slightly brown, add in the marinated chicken cubes, add 1 tbsp mild curry powder, add salt. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked. About 5 mins.
5. Using a small piece of puff pastry, wrap in the chicken filling. Apply some water on the edge of the pastry, fold it diagonally into a triangle. Press the edge to seal up the side, using a fork to press on the edge of the pastry.
6. Bake in the preheated oven at 200C for 15~20 mins. If the pastry turn brown too fast, lower the temperature to 180C.