27 April 2011

Cucumber Mango Salad


Salad is always a good choice for me when I lost my appetite. Today is another day of nausea attacks, and I make myself this spicy savoury cucumber mango salad just to fill my rumbling tummy.

Recipe from Ah Tze's Kitchen play
Ingredients:
1 big cucumber, quartered with soft centre remove
1 big mango, peeled and thinny sliced
some mint leaves, chopped
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt

Dressing:
1 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp small green limes juice
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 chopped chillies

Steps:
1. Mix all together in a bowl and toss the dressing through the salad and garnish with extra chillies.
2. Serve as it is or keep in fridge for 30 mins before serving.

8 comments:

  1. this looks really appetizing with sweet mango and healthy cucumber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 说嗯,这个够开胃,我好喜欢:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just made a big jar of cucumber and carrot salad but never try it with mango. I have to do that the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Jean, yes, indeed! The sweet mango goes well with the limes juice, I ate this salad with steamed rice :)

    >>鲸鱼, 是呀,酸酸甜甜加辣辣,好开胃!

    >>Gert, good idea to have cucumber with carrot too, I'll try it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我来吃餐前沙拉咯。。。。。。嗯。。。。味道酸甜的,又有我爱吃的mango+cucumber。。。下次加些青木瓜,不懂味道如何?哈哈

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like salad especially your cucumber n mango salad! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tze, i think this is a great appetiser too to start of a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoah really refreshing!! I feel the coolness just by looking at the pics~ hehe..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!