Saw it on Cook.Bake.Love's website then 鲸鱼's website. If you love the combination of chocolate and bananas, this recipe is a sure keeper. Thanks Angel for sharing this beautiful recipe. When I grabbed one piece of the cake, the chocolate chips on top melted and sticked on my fingers ... it was fingers licking good :D My cake sat in the oven for 45 mins. the surface still doesn't browning, then I gave up, that's with a yellowish surface.
60g castor sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
80g vegetable oil
220g bananas, mashed with a fork
1 tsp rum (replaced with banana essence)
125g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda(omitted)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Some chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
1) Beat (A) till light and creamy.
2) Add (B) and combine.
3) Sieve in (C), mix till just incorporated. Stop once there is no traces of flour remain.
4) Divide the batter into half. Sieve in cocoa powder to one portion of the batter and mix well. Add the cocoa batter to a greased and lined square pan (I used 6” round pan)
5) Add the remaining plain batter on top of the cocoa batter. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips (be generous).
6) Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 30 mins (45 mins) or until a skewer inserted in the centre and come out clean. Cool and cut into squares to serve.