Life can be easier if without people who think they are more superior than other. Don't you agree with me? Come back to my kitchen and blogging about my homemade food is always a happy "me" time.
I bought the yam few weeks back, made the chewy and bouncy yam abacus and frozen it until today. As it is Friday, I keep my dish as simple as I can. Yes, tonight the two boys will be happy to see this on their dinner table!
I'm using the same recipe.
(yield: 4 plates)
Ingredients for yam abacus seeds:800g steamed yam, mashed
400g tapioca flour
1 tsp salt
250ml boiling water
2~3 tbsp corn oil
Ingredients for stir-frying the yam abacus seeds:
4 clove garlic, minced
4 shallot, sliced
4 tbsp dried shrimp, soaked and finely chopped
250g minced meat
6 mushroom, soaked and thinly sliced
6 black fungus, soaked and thinly sliced
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
a dash of peppers
pinch of salt (to taste)
1 tbsp sesame oil
Some cooking oil
1. Mix all ingredients together and knead till the dough able to form soft smooth dough. Make sure the flour is well incorporated. (If the dough is very wet, add more tapioca flour)2. Wet the hands with some cooking oil (to prevent the dough stick on hands), divide the dough into small balls. Press your thumb print for the imprint. (if you are not consuming it, you can frozen the dough at this stage)
3. Boil a pot of water with a dash of oil in it.4. Add the abacus seeds one piece at a time to prevent it from sticking together.
5. Once the abacus seeds is floating, it is cooked. Drain the water and put the abacus seeds into a bowl. Add some oil to prevent it from sticking.
6. Stir-fry the yam abacus seeds: Heat cooking oil and saute shallot and garlic till fragrant.
7. Add dried shrimps and continue to fry till fragrant.
8. Add minced pork, mushroom, black fungus and fry till everything is thoroughly mixed.
9. Add seasoning and water, bring to boil.
10. Add the abacus seeds and stir fry till the liquid dried up. Serve hot.