My boy is going to year 2 this September, he loves to spend his day reading books and playing with his Legos. Beside that... he seems developed strong interest in baking too, he likes to watch me in the kitchen if he can't get his hands-on session.
One weekend, I decided to let him make his own breakfast using a recipe I copied from Internet long ago. I modified the recipe a bit to suit my family taste. My 3-in-1 Kenwood old machine is so good, just changing the plate it's transform to be a waffle maker!
The little chef in action, he did a good job!
Ingredients: (yield 4 pieces)
256g Top flour (used cake flour)
2 tsp baking powder (used 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp salt
4 egg yolks (used 2 egg yolks)
200ml coconut milk (used 100ml)
4 egg whites (used 2 egg whites)
70g to 90g sugar (used 60g)
1. Mix and whisk egg yolks, coconut milk, milk, salt together.
2. Add in sifted flour and baking powder.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with sugar until stiff peak, fold in the egg whites to the egg yolk batter.
4. Scoop up batter with ladle and pour it to the grease waffle maker. Cook until the waffles is golden brown.
5. Serve with fruits or spread as you wish.