These few days I was very busy with lots of decisions to be made. The trip to Melbourne was a fruitful and happy one. End of this week, my family and I will be flying to Perth, by then, lots of decisions pending us again.
Tomorrow is my birthday, I baked this Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes which is very popular among blogger, I used the recipe from Sonia, Nasi Lemak Lovers which she adapted from Forbidden Garden, like what she recommended the taste of this chiffon cupcakes is light and soft! However, my chiffon cupcakes was not perfect because it shrinks when I took it out from oven :( I think I over whisk the batter, for sure I will try out this recipe again. Do hop over to see Sonia beautiful Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes.
Not sure whether I still got time to bake anything this year, I may not be able to post anything until I settle down in Australia next year. If everything go smoothly, I will be relocated to Australia by next Feb. Bye!
Recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lovers
3 egg yolks
35g corn oil
70g cake flour
3 egg whites
60g whipping cream
1 tsp instant custard powder
icing sugar for dusting
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C
2. Arrange paper liners on baking tray.
3. Hand whisk egg yolk and sugar till pale in colour.
4. Add corn oil and milk, mix well.
5. Sift in cake flour, stir to combine.
6. Beat egg white till foamy, gradually add sugar and beat till soft peak form.
7. Take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix into egg yolk batter.
8. Fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
9. Scoop batter into paper liners to about 3/4 full.
10. Bake for 20-25 mins at middle rack.
11. Beat whipping cream with sugar till firm and stiff over a bowl of iced cubes.
12. Add in custard powder and mix well.
13. Pipe custard cream into cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Refrigerated before consume.
Attached also my son first stage performance at Canadian International School on the Kindergarten Graduation Day (23/11/2012). His nursery teachers had played a big part in his learning journey. My boy enjoyed himself and The Learning Ladder teachers accepted who they are. With only one rehearsal before the day, he is doing very well! A big step forward for this 4.5 years old boy. The words "brave boy" 勇敢的孩子 from the teachers meant a lot to him. Thank you teachers for your encouragement!