When I see this cheesecake recipe in Carol's book, I was very impressed by its presentation, it is so beautiful! However, it didn't cross my mind to bake one due to the substantial quantity of cream cheese needed. Yes, I'm not fat but need to slim down a bit more :) That day saw 茄子 from 袅袅烘培香 baked this wonderful recipe, I really couldn't resist her beautiful creation! So, cream cheese here I come :D
I'm using Carol's recipe with an addition step of mine. This recipe is using hand whisk and I sifted the cheesecake mixture twice before pouring it into the baking mould, the end result is a fine creamy texture that 100% well mixed.
Recipe adapted from Carol's 果乾乳酪條 (I triple the ingredients for my baking mould)
210g digestive biscuit crumbs105g unsalted butter, melted
Steps For Crust:
1. In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
2. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom of the springform pan. Bake at 120C for 10 mins. Set aside to cool.
500g Cream Cheese (used more just because want to finish the bottle of cream cheese)
90g icing sugar
150g plain yogurt
45g cake flour
1 tsp brandy (omitted)
Various dried nuts as desire
1. Whisk cream cheese until creamy, add sugar and mix well.
2. Add egg in 4-5 batches, stir well.
3. Add yogurt, mix well.
4. Add flour, mix well.
5. If you are using brandy, please add in here.
6. Sift the mixture twice before pouring into baking mould. Decorate with dried nuts.
7. Bake at 160C for 35 mins. (180C for my oven)
8. Set aside to cool and keep in fridge overnight before cutting.
My boy is waiting for the cheesecake, I need to be fast :D
Fine and creamy texture! I love the strong flavour of cream cheese, this cake is not sweet. I think the 500g cream cheese has overpowered the taste of sugar :D If you have a sweet tooth please add more sugar!