08 August 2011

Again, Banana Cake


Friends visiting, again I baked this soft and spongy Banana Cake using Wen's Delight recipe. Like in my previous baked, it doesn't disappointed me. I reduced the oil used for this baked to make it more healthy for Gabriel to consume. This recipe is a sure keeper for me to try again and again :)


Recipe adpated from Wen's Delight, original from Richard Goh



Ingredients:
5 Eggs (large size, 65-70g w/shell)
250g Sugar (used 180g)
350-400g Banana (Ripe & cut into small pcs)
300g Cake flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda (omitted)
200g Sunflower oil (or any vegetable oil except olive oil)(used 150g)


Steps:
1. Preheat oven at 160 degree C. (my oven 170C)
2. Grease & line a 2 x 8" round tin (or 1 x 10" square tin) base with baking paper.
3. Sift flour, baking powder & soda together. Sift twice & set aside.
4. Whisk eggs, sugar & sliced banana at max. speed till stiff/ribbon stage. (For Kenwood Chef - approx 10-13mins)
5. Fold in sifted flour & mix well. (Can use spatular or hand to mix)
6. Add in oil & mix well till batter is shiny & flowing.
7. Pour into baking tin & bake for 40 - 45mins.



11 comments:

  1. I would never get tired of banana cakes! Those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana cakes are always great classic bakes and I can never get sick of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! will never get bored with banana cakes. cae see how soft and spongy the cake is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like this spongy banana cake very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bookmarked your previous banana cake recipe and still haven't tried it yet but you keep reminding me to make it! This looks really good and knowing that you can reduce the oil makes me want to try it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good! You really love banana cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake looks so soft... yummy.. yummy... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie, Zoe and Lena, this is the good way of consuming the ripe bananas :)

    鲸鱼,这蛋糕是很松发哟,比上次少油,吃了比较没罪恶感 :)

    Sonia, yes, I like to bake this cake because Gabriel loves to eat banana :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janine, give it a try, looking forward to see your baking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. kitchen flavours, Gabriel is the one who really love banana cake :)

    neyeeloh, thanks! your blackforest cake is super yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!